(that's my best written impression of Chris Farley as the mall chick with the fries)
I feel like I'm constantly hungry now. I eat breakfast at 6:15 am and my stomach is growling by 8:30 am (I used to be able to make it to 10 am). I wake up every morning STARVING. I know it's because of the increase in mileage and the fact that I'm building muscle, but sheesh! I need to start incorporating more fiber into my diet.
Oh, and on top of my hunger pangs, I am also becoming narcoleptic at night. Poor Mike, he'll come home from work at 9:30 pm and instead of visiting with him, I sitting in the chair falling asleep while he's talking. He's such a good sport though! I absolutely cannot make it past 9:30 pm anymore!
Why Team in Training
Continuing cancer research to find advanced treatments for the disease is essential to utimately curing cancer. Since its formation in 1949, Team in Training has invested more than $600 million in research to leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma. At least 75% of the money raised by participants goes directly towards this research.
When Mike and I decided we wanted to train to run a half-marathon, we found that Team in Training was a great fit. By receiving thorough training and guidance, we would be given all the tools necessary to run our first endurance race. The best part: we would raise money for cancer research! Cancer has touched both of our families: in addition to my dad's cancer, we've each lost a grandparent to the disease. We have an investment in cancer research, for our own long-term health!
Oh, and the bonus? I get to go to Seattle for the half-marathon!
To find out more about The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, please visit their website. To find out how Team in Training allocates donation funds, click here.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Feed Me I'm Starving
Posted by Christy at 7:20 AM

1 comments:
I did witness this last week looking for spring rolls!!
Post a Comment