The last two weeks, I've had long runs (7 and 8 miles) that I needed to do on my own (I wasn't able to make it to the TNT trainings). I was a little daunted, but it went great! Thanks to the carrot dangling out in front of me - hashbrowns. Both weekends, I set up breakfast dates to meet me at the Custom House in Avila Beach for breakfast. I'd park my car in Shell Beach, run to the Custom House, and get my breakfast dates to drive me back to my car. If you've never eaten breakfast at the Custom House - run, don't walk, there (no pun intended) - the hashbrowns are AMAZING. I ran very similar routes each week, and chose a mostly coastal route with the last three miles along the Bob Jones trail - a gorgeous way to spend 90 minutes. I was so so so excited to finish the first run, when I ran across the bridge (the last part of the run), I couldn't wipe the smile of my face.
This past Saturday, our buddy Dean was in town and he agreed to ride Mike's bike alongside me. He had plenty of opportunities to hop of the bike and take pictures, so here are a few (now there's proof that I do in fact run, not just my dogs).
My legs were pretty sore yesterday. This week, we have a rest week, which means I will only run 12 miles this week instead of 18. Who hoo!!!



1 comments:
Yay Christy!! Good job!! Custom House - hashbrowns yummy!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment