...and the course is up on the Rock 'n' Roll Seattle website!
7:00 am – MARATHON & HALF MARATHON START
- 0.0 Interurban Ave S. at Foster Golf Links
- Right at Boeing Access Rd.
- 2.8 Left at Martin Luther King Jr. Way S.
- 4.0 Right at Cloverdale St.
- 4.6 Right at Wabash A
ve. S. - 4.8 Left at Seward Park Ave. S.
- Stay right at the Y to Seward Park Ave. S.
- 6.7 Right at Juneau St., short loop around circle
- 6.8 Right at Lake Washington Blvd.
- 10.1 Lake Washington Blvd. becomes Lakeside Drive
- 10.3 Left at Day St., then quick right up to I-90
- 10.35 Left onto I-90 express lanes
- 12.6 Exit from I-90 express lanes, left on Airport Way
- Right at 4th Ave.
- 12.8 Stay left at 2nd Ave. Ext. S.
- Left at Washington St., then quick left to 2nd Ave. S.,
- 13.1 FINISH on 2nd Ave. S. between Jackson St. and King St.
FINISH - 2nd Ave. S. between Jackson St. and King St.
Oh yeah, we're running on the Interstate (I'm sure it will be closed)! We finish really close to the full marathoners, so we should be able to see some of the best and first marathoners finish right when we are. They also posted an elevation chart:

I know it's hard to read without enlarging it, so I'll paraphrase - there's a hill that climbs about 200 feet (the first large blue peak) for a full mile - yowza! After that, it's fairly flat until Mile 10, where there is quick climb up to 150 feet and then rolling hills for two miles. The part I love: being a half-marathoner, I completely miss that large green four-mile blob of a hill that the full marathoners have to take on.

0 comments:
Post a Comment